Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Battling The Giants

Before you read any further, open up your Bible and make sure you read I Samuel 17:20-58. My lesson was inspired by this portion of Scripture. And also, I want you to keep this in mind. A very powerful and thought provoking quote that I read today:   

"Every battle we fight in the flesh, Is one which was already lost in the spirit."


Yes, we are in a war, but our war is spiritual. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Our weapons are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds."   THE BATTLE IS THE LORD'S!

FOUR STEPS IN FIGHTING GIANTS

I've just been looking back over the past several months and I see all the "meat" from God's Word that He has provided through other individuals and to me personally. And I've been amazed how it's all there - any answer - any strategy - any weapon that I need to tear down a stronghold, to move a mountain, to rise above circumstances, to be lifted to higher heights in GOD and especially how to fight physical "giants" in my life that seem to be continual attacks from the enemy.

So I have been taking EVERYTHING that I've RECEIVED AND LEARNED and been applying it to MY situation. And this is what got me thinking on the Scripture of how GOD DOES know what we need before we even ask.

Phil 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Matt 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

And I've realized that if we are "tuned in" and REALLY listening to GOD, that He is SO faithful and cares SO much for us, that He provides what we need before we even know we need it. He provides the answers before the questions even begin. HE IS AMAZING!

I THANK GOD.....like His Word says...that He KNOWS what we need before we even ask Him.

Just think about people who do not keep in communication with the LORD and miss out on the answers to their very problems that were right there waiting when their situation came upon them...but they didn't see it. I believe this is why some of our situations can become worse than what they were meant to be...because we do not apply the right "antidote" but do our own thing, go our own way, messing it all up to the point where we have no choice then in the end to CONSULT GOD, who then once again...brings the answer. BUT this time, our heart is prepared to receive it.

SO MUCH that we may miss out on, all because we MISS OUR TIME WITH HIM.

Help battle these "giants" in my life...will ya? When "Battling The Giant - Goliath" we see the four things David did in I Samuel 17. I will share here so you can join me on the front line:

1. Expose the giant. Give a name to the enemy who stands in your path.

David: "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine who defies the armies of Israel, the living God?" GOLIATH

I SPEAK TO THE "SPIRIT OF INFIRMITY" COMMANDING IT TO GO. ALL I NEED IS THE FAITH THE SIZE OF A GRAIN OF MUSTARD SEED TO MOVE A MOUNTAIN - TO CAUSE THE GIANT TO TUMBLE. AND I'VE GOT THAT FAITH FOR WE ALL ARE GIVEN A MEASURE OF FAITH.

2. Cast aside the naysayers. Be careful who you listen to.

The next thing David did was to cast aside the naysayers. Just as with David, he was asked by his siblings, "Why comest down hither? I know the pride and the naughtiness of thine heart?"

David answers, "Is there not a cause?"

You've got people who will join in with "the giant" with all the taunting. Again...be careful what voices you listen to and the thoughts you entertain.

I DO NOT ENTERTAIN THOUGHTS THAT DO NOT LINE UP WITH THE WORD OF GOD. I DO NOT LISTEN TO THE TAUNTING VOICES OF LIARS. I CAST DOWN IMAGINATIONS AND BRING INTO CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" (2 Cor 10:3-5)

Whose report am I going to believe? I will believe the report of the LORD!

3. Create Comparisons. Remember your memorials.

David created comparisons by which to compare this unique situation that he had to deal with, with other situations he had dealt with in his past. "I killed lions. I protected my sheep. I've dealt with the bears". And if we work hard with the obstacle, that giant that's in our way, we can do that as well.

I'VE CONQUERED OTHER GIANTS IN MY LIFE, AND I CAN CONQUER THIS ONE AS WELL. IF GOD BE FOR ME, WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME? HE MADE ME MORE THAN A CONQUEROR. Rom 8:31,37

4. Count on God. The battle is the Lord's.

David created those comparisons but above all, he counted on God. He called out the name of this giant. He cast aside the naysayers. He created comparisons and he counted on God to do what he could not do by himself. Sometimes we have to speak to that giant!!

David: "You have come to me with a sword and with a spear and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Hosts, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have defied."

THE BATTLE IS NOT MINE....IT'S THE LORD'S. HE WILL FIGHT FOR ME.

1 Sam 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.

Do we count on God? In the face of all the other things we trust in, is God underneath and around in everything we do?

I AM COUNTING ON GOD. IN FACING THIS GIANT IN MY LIFE, I DO PLACE MY TRUST IN HIM AND HE IS UNDERNEATH AND AROUND EVERYTHING THAT I DO. HE IS IN CONTROL. AND I KNOW THAT WHEN THE ENEMY SHALL COME IN LIKE A FLOOD, THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD SHALL LIFT UP A STANDARD AGAINST HIM. AND HE WILL ALSO GIVE ME PERFECT PEACE WHEN MY MIND IS STAYED ON HIM! 

Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
If you want peace? Well...look how you can have PERFECT peace.  Keep your mind on HIM and only what HE wants, and only what HE says. 

Connie J. Schmoll

No comments:

Post a Comment