Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

When God Is Silent

"He will come openly and he will not be silent"  Psalm 50:3

Even though I title this "When God Is Silent", did you know that God is never silent? There are even many books written about when God is silent.  But the truth is...

The Word of God is never silent, but it is not always heard

Many times we think God is being silent especially in times of trial or when we've got a lot going on around us and I think the reason we think this is because during these times, we want to SEE God doing something to fix the situation in the midst of our storm.  Yet it is during these times that it takes faith.  Just because we do not SEE something happening does not mean God is not working. He IS working out all things for the good. Why do we always insist on seeing a sign? Why is it so hard for us to just believe?

During times of trial, we tend to only see the turmoil going on around us which makes it hard to HEAR God. He tells us though to "Be still and know I am God" and He does speak in that still small voice at times too, but we must be quiet enough to hear Him.

Yes, God IS silent when we are trying to hear Him through the flesh, but the truth is...God is never silent, for He speaks from Spirit to spirit. We just have to be tuned in to hear.

What we have to do is hear Him with the hearts ear. We have to hear him with the ears that Jesus, the Teacher said he was looking for: "Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 13:9

Quit trying to see and hear with your eyes and ears but instead...learn to see and hear from the heart. And how do we do that?  That is the work of the Holy Spirit. And it can only be learned through Relationship. We must have that relationship with God through prayer and through His Word.  God is forever speaking through His Word.  But yet again...some can read the Word and get nothing yet others get a lot.  Again, it's all the working of the Spirit and in how God chooses to speak to YOU! The more you get to know Him, the more you will learn the ways that He speaks to YOU.

But what can we do when we cannot hear? It is then, faith takes on a new meaning for us, at least for a time. Faith then is a "holding on" and an enduring. Faith persists until it learns the language of His silence and the language of our own silence.

Think about a relationship between a husband and a wife. Spending time together throughout the years, we learn to communicate without even having to speak words. It may take just a look, or a touch, etc. You know what I'm talking about.  It can be the same with your children.

Let me share this:
The most powerful words that greatly ministered to me was spoken by my husband Don a few weeks back after a church service while he was actually ministering to someone else.

He said:
I don't see great visions like some others in the church are seeing. I have gotten to where I am with God right now by Faith.  It's been ALL BY FAITH!

Years ago in the beginning of his walk with God, it was spoken over him that he would become a great man of faith. And He is!!!  God speaks and faith learns to listen!!

Remember in John 20:27-29 the story of Doubting Thomas who needed proof before he would believe that Jesus had risen? Jesus reappeared and gave Thomas his proof yet in verse 29 He also spoke these words, "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

I like that!!

Let me end with this:
I heard this song the other night at Mulligan's Lounge and after leaving I could not get the song out of my thoughts.  So the next day, I looked it up on Youtube and played it and WHOOSH....I cried and cried like a baby and experienced another time of God ministering His love to me, letting me know He is never silent!  What love I felt from the Lord through this song that I will never forget!  MY HEART IS FULL!!!

You can ALWAYS have "heart to heart" communications with God where no words even need to be spoken nor any signs and wonders need to be seen, because GOD IS NEVER SILENT!.  We just need to be quiet and listen and believe!  He is always felt and heard from the spirit (heart).




If you are reading this from email, you MUST be sure to visit my blog to listen to this song on video by Alison Krause, "When You Say Nothing At All."  Allow God to minster to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment