Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Trust Me!

When I heard the outcome of my dad’s court hearing that day, I was not very happy. I cried and was angry and actually pretty disappointed even with God, because we had a lot of people praying for Dad. He did not deserve all that was happening to him.

To be honest though, a while back I would have had a different attitude about it all. I would have just thought, "Well, Dad left mom and hurt her and he married this other woman so now he has to live with the consequences of his decisions that he made in life". BUT you see, now I see it completely different because Dad made things right with Mom before she died. So that is exactly what I told God and I cried and asked Him, "GOD, Dad made things right with mom, so doesn't THAT count for something?!!" I couldn't understand why my dad’s ex was always getting away with all she was doing. And it seemed that nothing was making sense. But as it was with my many other times of confronting God with things that confused me and disappointed me, His reply to me once again was simply, "Trust Me!" So I am. And I hoped that my dad was too.

Life is so unfair at times but we must trust that God has a better purpose for all that happens. I mean...think about the life of Joseph. He was falsely accused of things and ended up in prison as well, plus a number of other things that happened to him in his life, BUT he had a dream that God showed him that he held on to. He knew what his destiny in God was to be. He just didn't know what he was going to have to encounter to get there. THAT is why it is so important to TRUST in GOD no matter what, and He will guide our steps. We go through things so that we can help others. I had to believe that my dad’s life and what he was going through has a purpose.

TODAY, I can now report that my dad is home and God did some miraculous things in his heart while he was serving his time. Sometimes we do not know the place that God has to take us until we are finally willing to let Him in. It’s hard for us to sometimes accept things that are happening at the moment because we are incapable of seeing the reasoning for it and what the outcome may be. But God knows the beginning from the end. He sees the whole picture. He sees the very heart of the individuals involved. God KNOWS what He’s doing.

Trust is a very hard thing but I am so thankful that I have so many memorials that I can look back on and see that God has never let me down yet. He has proven to be the only one that I CAN truly count on and trust to work things out for the good. Thank you GOD for what you have done in my dad’s life!

Below is my devotional titled, TRUST ME!

Trust Me!
By Connie Schmoll

Many times this past week, I found myself asking, “Why is this happening, God?” And every time, His reply was simply, “Trust Me.” And He led me to His Word, bringing to remembrance Scripture that I could stand upon all week. One thing that I have learned is that our Father has “a word” for every situation in life if we bring our cares to Him, of which the Bible refers to as “...casting our cares on Him.” And then we need to trust Him to work it out. The key is taking the time to listen and then apply His Word to our life.

The two principles for having direction in life are (1) Logic vs. Trusting God - knowing who to trust (the Lord) and who not to trust (self) and (2) Acceptance - learning to accept the things God brings into your life.

Logic is a valuable tool given to us by God. For many decisions in life, a person needs to use logic and act on common sense. However, sometimes logic has to be set aside. There are some decisions in life where logic does not lead us in the right direction.

When we come up against some things in our life that are perplexing, we cannot assume that our human understanding of things is always a perfect guide. Human understanding is limited by a person’s knowledge and experience. But God sees the bigger picture and knows the ending from the beginning. Sometimes we need to look past human wisdom and allow the Spirit of God to direct our life. Our human reasoning wants an explanation, but the Spirit of God says, “Trust Me.”

Acceptance is a very important attitude that we must have in order to incorporate our trust in God. We are to accept God’s involvement in our lives and the way we express this to Him is by having a grateful spirit. The essence of the words found in Proverbs 3:5-6, “In all they ways acknowledge him...” is the same way we find in New Testament teachings.

“In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (I Thessalonians 5:18) and “Giving thanks always for all things unto God...in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:20).

Our giving thanks for all things is actually recognizing that God has allowed every happening in our life and we accept it as good. As we develop this type of attitude, we will more easily find direction that is best for our lives. To acknowledge God is to recognize that He is active in every happening and that He is always working out everything for our good. Therefore, we can give Him thanks, no matter what happens. Giving thanks is saying, “I don’t understand this situation, but I acknowledge that God knows why it is good for me.” By trusting God, we are not “leaning on our own understanding”.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct they paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment