Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Forgotten Key

For the millionth time, I leaped from my chair and rushed to the door. Not again! I pressed my body up against the door, trying desperately to keep them out. Why don't they just go away and leave me alone! All I could think about at the moment was, I needed to get to the window!

I started toward the window but the pounding on the door was so loud and the pushing from the outside was getting stronger! Oh no! Some got through!! I raced back to the door, slamming it shut! This battle went on for what seemed like hours. Sweat poured from my body and every part of me ached with pain. Finally everything went silent. I fell to the floor exhausted. As soon as I felt it was safe enough to move from the door, I went and sat by the window where a bright light shone through. Peace and quiet (yet pain remained) once again...until next time.

Attempting to put a picture to what I'd been going through lately, the above is what I began describing to my friend the other day. A daily battle of wrong thoughts forcibly trying to break through the door of my mind. The doctor reports haunting me! Pain and disease taking up residence in my body that I seemed to have permitted to stay. WHY??!! Back & forth from all of that to My Window of Hope: The Word of God, and I was growing very weary of it all.

Then the Lord said STOP! Stop this battle of running back and forth! Connie, You have the key!! I have given YOU the key!! Then He began to minister through his servant (my friend) and the Word....

KEY is the symbol of authority!

In the Old Testament, the holder of the keys had the power to admit or deny entrance to the House of God. (I Chronicles 9:22-27, Isaiah 22:22)

In the New Testament, keys were used figuratively as a symbol of authority (particularly the authority of Christ over the final destiny of persons). The risen Christ holds the Key to David and controls access to the New Jerusalem. (Revelation 3:7)

In Matthew 16:18,19 Jesus delegated the power of the keys to His Disciples, combining the imagery of keys with that of binding and loosing, which describe the concept that the church has the power and means to announce that sin was condemned or forgiven.

The keys of the kingdom given to Peter was a symbol in locking or unlocking sins and illustrated his authority in binding and loosing. (Matthew 16:19) Then in Matthew 18:18, this same power was given to the church as a whole. Whatever the church declared to be wrong or right would have been anticipated and ratified in heaven by divine sanction.

We have the God-given authority to speak His Word over every negative situation that happens in our lives. Why do many of us fail to use this authority? It makes me think of how we carry around this big ring full of keys and realize that there is that one key on the ring that we have forgotten what it goes to...what door it opens. Have You ever done that?

I'm reminded of the promise given in Isaiah 55:10-11, one of my favorite Scriptures that always brings encouragement to me, that just like when the rain or the snow falls from above, and returns not but it waters the earth, bringing seed to the sower and bread to the eater, it is also with the Word of God that is spoken from our mouth, that it will not return void but it will accomplish what it is sent forth to do!

My friend, if you are battling something right now, please know that you have the authority to EVICT whatever has entered the body that has no right to be there. You HAVE the authority, THE KEY to that door to LOCK OUT whatever does not have the right to enter or to UNLOCK the door to let in whatever is needed for you to receive.

If you may be battling a health issue, your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost and you have the key...the authority to allow what comes in and what stays out!! You know the truth! You know what is right and wrong! No more battling with trying to hold that door shut! No more allowing those things to reside that may have slipped through that door!! It's time that they be evicted!!! All it takes is just a matter of decision on your part and choosing to take appropriate action of either unlocking the door or locking it.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE KEY! USE IT!

Connie J. Schmoll

No comments:

Post a Comment