Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Born To Win & Walking With A Stranger

Hello friends & family,
Some of you know my dad and his story and what he's been through and what God had done in his life. I wanted to share with you all a poem written by my dad in prison called "I'm Born To Win" and also Dad took a song called "Waltz Across Texas" and changed the words to it and wrote "Walking With A Stranger". It's really good! ENJOY! I LOVE YOU DAD!!












I'M BORN TO WIN!

By Ron Corder

Locked away and left to rot,
I blamed another for the time I got.
Mad at life I’d curse and cry.
“How could you GOD“? Why, oh why?

My days were marked by fits of rage,
As I fought and kicked against my cage.
My nights were marred by fitful dreams,
As I plotted future vengeful schemes.

Then finally one day I let GOD in,
When I found a book called “Born To Win”.
Unsure at first, I had my doubts.
Until I cracked the book to check it out.

I read each chapter one by one.
My walk with JESUS had begun.
He took my hand and lifted me
From the bowels of hell and set me free.

Now, his word I study every day.
And on my knees I kneel and pray.
And like the Bereans before me too,
I search to prove each word is true.

In my cell I sit upon my bed,
And thank the LORD for my daily bread.
For the blood that JESUS shed for me.
And for his work on Calvary.

And now that I’m hip to Satan’s lies,
I will my faith, not compromise.
I’m no longer bound to death or sin.
For now I know, “I’m Born To Win”.

Author, Ronald D. Corder
========================================







WALKING WITH A STRANGER

By Ron Corder

Oh I started my journey down a dark lonely road,

when along came this stranger, asking to come along
I said that I'm looking for a partner that will stay
He said, I'll always be here, keep your eyes upon me

As we continued our journey on down this road
He said, “My name is Jesus and we will make a great team.

I've known you for a long time and saved you just now
I picked you just special for this job I have in mind

Oh I started this journey alone in the dark
And now look who's with me providing the light,

He took me from the darkness and has now changed my life
And I'm walking this journey of life.

Now he said he's been watching and kept me from harm,

saving me for something special, that was planned just for me
I've been looking for something special all of my life.
For what, I wasn't sure
Here it was this stranger I'd been looking for all along

Just walking with Jesus, not worried about time,

We'll be fighting the devil, keeping God's Word alive
Just walking with Jesus, telling all that I see
Jesus is coming, just follow along with me.

Come join my team, I'm sure that you will see
How wonderful our defeat over the devil will be,

By joining the team Jesus left me to lead.

12-30-10 through 1-23-11



No comments:

Post a Comment