Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Play On God's Team

I've been listening to Pastor Robert Morris from Texas and found this very interesting:

James 4:6-7 “But he gives more grace. Therefore He says: God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”

First of all, if you are prideful, you can't resist the devil. You cannot resist the devil when God is resisting you. The only way you can resist the devil is get more grace from God. The only way to get more grace from God is to be humble.

Resist means “to play on the opposing team”

Whatever our gift or ministry is, God let's us run with the ball, but He just asks us to stay behind Him. Let Him lead. At first we hesitate, thinking we can't do it, but after much encouragement from Him, we do it. Then, we begin to start thinking, we are doing so well, we don't need God anymore, thinking we can do it on our own. This can happen so subtly that we don't even realize it. We become prideful. At this point, God begins playing on the opposing team.

Why would God do that??? He may change over to the opposing team, but it's not because He wants to destroy us. It is because He wants to tackle us lovingly. He wants to tackle us before the enemy tackles us and takes us out of the game.

I know I am a person determined to stand on God's Word, but I have to be careful of my attitude of not thinking I'm better than anyone. I want to be playing on God's team! God, I repent of any haughty spirit that may be in me. Help me to stay true to Your Word! Keep me humble before You, so that I may resist the devil and receive more grace from You.

God resists the proud but He gives grace to the humble.

Proverbs 16:18 “Pride goes before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit along with the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.”

Proverbs 11:2 “When pride comes, then comes shame; but with humility comes wisdom.”

Www.theblessedlife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment