Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Spiritual Blessings

I received an email from a friend today and she mentioned a devotional she read that stated, "spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials".  I thought, wow, what a powerful statement. It also reminded me of a song called "Blessings" by Laura Story.

Ephesians 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ"

I read a devotional today that spoke to my heart and touched a lot on this subject.  We get so upset when trials come, thinking that we deserve a problem free life.  These times are normal in a fallen world, yet we hunger for the difficult times to be resolved.  But this is false hope.  We will have trouble! God tells us we will, but He also promises that He is here to overcome anything in this world.  Through His Spirit that dwells in us, we can be Overcomers!

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world".

Things are not going to go perfect so instead of seeking that perfection, we need to seek Him - The Perfect One!  It is possible to glorify God in the midst of trials. His light shines more brightly through us when we trust Him in the dark times. (Psalm 112:4,7)  We are able to do this, by casting all cares on Him.  When things seem wrong, trust Him anyway.  He is not interested as much in right circumstances as He is in how we respond to what comes our way.  If we trust in God during our times of trials, He brings us into a place of peace where we are able to rest in Him.  

I don't think we can ever have "spiritual blessings" without having to endure some trials.

Connie J. Schmoll

If you are viewing this from email, and would like to listen to the video that I included, click on this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQan9L3yXjc

Blessings by Laura Story


No comments:

Post a Comment