Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Take Your Place



Last month I shared with you a word that the Lord had spoken to me about we, as Born again believers who have God's Spirit living in us, have a miracle within us for somebody else and that we needed to step out in faith and let God use us!!  Just as in Acts 3:6, Peter was an example of this. He said to the lame man, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I  have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk."  And if you read Acts 3:1-8 you will see that this man was expecting to receive something from them. So, somebody out there could be waiting on us just to pass by and give to them whatever God has laid on our heart or placed within us for them!

I wanted to share more on this thought today by sharing a devotional that was written by Kenneth Copeland, titled "Take Your Place". 

Ephesians 5:1-2  Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. 

Let us be imitators of God,
Connie Schmoll




TAKE YOUR PLACE

The more you fellowship with God around His Word, the more you will know the "power out-flowing from His resurrection."  You will develop joy.  You will develop faith.  You will start developing God's own characteristics ... just by fellowshipping with Him.  You will begin to understand who you really are in Jesus.

I remember one day I was reading the story in Luke 8:40-48, of the woman with the issue of blood who touched the hem of Jesus' garment and was healed. I had just read the story many times and pictured myself as almost everybody in the story...just experiencing how it would feel to be someone in the crowd or even the one who was healed.

Suddenly God spoke to my spirit and said, "Read that again and this time picture yourself as the one wearing the garment."

I was stunned, "Lord," I said, "How can I do that? I can't take Your place!" 

"That is just what is wrong with the Body of Christ," He told me. "That is the reason the world does not know anything about Jesus.  You identify with everyone except ME.  But I sent you to be My witnesses, to imitate ME, to stand in MY place...not everybody else's!"

So, I read that story again.  This time I pictured myself in the role of the one with the anointing of the Holy Ghost. Instead of crawling up to touch the hem of His garment, I was the one wearing the garment, freely giving what God had given me.  After all, the Bible does say, "Clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ."

Do you know who scares the devil most of all? Believers who have found out they can do that. Believers who instead of begging for a little touch from Jesus, are letting His very life flow out to others.

Come on, give the devil a scare. Fellowship with your Father around the WORD and start discovering who you really are today.

Written by
Kenneth Copeland

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment