Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

There Is No Fear In Love


My husband made this statement the other day that I found to be so true.  He said, "It's easy to say that God is in control, but it is a whole different matter to live your life that way." -- Donald Schmoll

If we are honest with ourselves, all of us must admit that we do have a difficult time relinquishing all control to Him.  I know at this point and time in our life, God is leading us on a different journey that is taking a greater leap of faith than what we have ever taken in the twenty plus years of serving Him.  Upon taking the first steps, we have realized that in our past, knowing we had to trust God and even desiring to do so, we still always tried to maintain a bit of control. 

It has been very difficult for me, especially on the financial part of it.  I love the Lord very much and I know that nothing is impossible with Him.  I know that He can do anything.  There is no situation beyond His capability.  I realized that it was not that I doubted what God could do, but I was doubting that He would do it for ME.

Why was I having such a hard time believing God's promises for ME?  You know what I'm talking about.  You have been there too and may be right now.  I became so troubled because I knew that I was not yet 100% with my husband in all these changes and decisions. It is not that I did not want to be. I DID!  I was so afraid that if I did not get to that place where he was, that my lack of faith would ruin it for us. Oh how the guilt began flooding my mind! What if MY unbelief messed everything up for what God expected for us?

I cannot help but smile at this now while I am typing, thinking that I would have that much power to mess up God's plan and purpose for our lives.  How absurd! I think this is why God kept bringing Proverbs 19:21 to my mind, that we can have many plans in our heart but it will only be God's purpose that prevails.  But all I know is that it sure would make it a lot easier for me if I could only believe.  So, I continued to ponder that question of whether God needed that 100% faith from me in order for it all to work out. I began to realize though, that it really was not about if God needed it but the fact of the matter was, I needed it.  I so desired it!

I began seeking God with all my heart.  I continually prayed in the spirit every chance I got.  I wanted to just stay in the spirit always. I never wanted to leave His Presence because that was the only place on this earth that I found peace, no worries, no pain and hurts and no doubts.  I prayed, "God help my unbelief!"  I just wanted to know that He was going to take care of me. (us)  I just wanted to know that we were going to be okay. 

Then God began to show me why I was having a hard time believing.  The root of my unbelief was the lack of love.  The Scripture He spoke to me was Galatians 5:6 which says that faith works by love.

"Love is the driving force behind our faith.  If you remove or diminish love, faith ceases to be what it should be." -- Andrew Wommack

I have been trying so hard to believe but what I needed to be doing was seeking a greater revelation of God's love.  Then faith would just naturally work.  I've been so guilty of allowing circumstances to blind me of God's love.  My lack of faith in His love hinders Him but as soon as I open to His love, my faith is revived and I then know He will supply.

The Lord speaks in Luke 12:32, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." I realized that my unbelief comes when I forget how much He loves me.  There is more than just superficial knowledge that God loves us.  I began praying what Paul did over the Ephesians in chapter 3:14-19 that I would receive a greater revelation of God's love.

In our own home this past weekend, a message came forth through my friend Julia, through tongues and interpretation, that things were going to be okay and that I was going to be okay!  I thank the Lord that He knows what we need. 

God's love for us is unconditional.  Love is not something God does, it is who He is! (I John 4:8)  We need to rest in the assurance of His love. It never changes even though our circumstances do. His love remains unconditional. God is not only with us - He is also in our circumstances. He is in control of all that happens.  No, he is not the author of evil, but is able to use bad things for good.  This does not remove our suffering but it does redeem it - infusing it with meaning.

So many people struggle in life, even Christians, because we do not truly comprehend the love that God has for us. If we did, we would not struggle as much in times of trials. We would always know that we have a God who is our Father who will take care of us and not let anything happen to us but will work all things for our good.

Your life has meaning.  Your life has purpose and God delights in your prosperity. (Psalm 35:27)  Do not be fearful but know that He works all things for your good. (Romans 8:28)  Know that He loves you so much and only wants the best for you.  Perfect love casts out all fear. His love never changes, no matter your performance.  When God's love is perfected in you, keeping God's Word will be the result. (1 John 2:3-5)

Romans 8:38-39
I am persuaded that nothing can separate me from God's love!  Are YOU?

If you want to reach a state of bliss - make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved and the need to judge.  You will begin to truly know what being free really feels like.

Perfected in God's love,
Connie Schmoll

Remember the previous "word" that God gave me that I shared on March 21st.  You can read it again
by clicking HERE. 



No comments:

Post a Comment