Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

No Man Taketh Away


When going through difficult times, I have found that the Lord brings encouragement in many different ways. And when this encouragement comes from God, there is no way man can take this joy from us. This is when I wrote, No Man Taketh Away.



No Man Taketh Away


John 16:20-24 ~~ Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

About to go through a difficult time, Jesus told his disciples they would grieve, with him going away (being crucified), but that the grieving or hurtful time would not last. He tells them he will return, and they will rejoice (receive joy) That sorrow they felt will turn to joy - a joy that no man could take from them.

We go through times in our life - times of grieving, times of hurt, and times of disappointments and we need encouragement. At times, we can be guilty of letting these times rob us of the joy of the Lord. Why do we allow these times to control our life? The Lord provides that encouragement in many different ways (through the Word, people, a song, a letter, a hug, etc). During our hurtful times, there will be people who try their best to minister to us and we must show kindness and thankfulness to them even though what they may offer is just not quite what we need. But when that "special" encouragement comes, in whatever way it does, we know it came from God. It was NOT a coincidence. It was God-incidence. God-sent. God-ordained. A healing takes place within that is just so miraculous. And this blessing is one that no one can take away. That moment is one that you will treasure forever!

The joy or blessing that comes from the Lord is much more than a little happy feeling that we might feel inside and later subsides. It is not just merely an emotion. The joy we receive from the Lord is a much deeper and broader feeling. It is planted in the spirit and put there for eternity. This joy is a fruit of the Spirit that has the power to cause our anguish to cease, and not to be remembered again. It is so great that it causes the hurt to diminish.

I think Jesus used a perfect example of a woman giving birth, going through that pain, but once the baby is born, the pain is forgotten that quick.

I can remember every detail of the birth of my son. And yes, I know I suffered pain during that time, but the moment our "bundle of joy" was born, that pain did not seem to be such a big issue anymore. Once my eyes met his, a love was planted deep in my heart. It was a moment that no one can ever take away from me. It is very true that the hurt subsides after the "blessing" is born and no one can take it away.

Connie J Schmoll

No comments:

Post a Comment