Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Abide In The One Who Has Overcome



So many times we find ourselves bombarded with challenges in life that hit us all at once and we begin to feel overwhelmed with it all. If we are not careful, we can become burdened down with it and lose our focus that we should have each day: to keep our eyes on the Lord and our nose in the Book and our mouth speaking the Word of God over every situation.

This is where I have found myself these past couple months, burdened down, and starting to lose focus on the things that I had set out to do. But thank God for His Word that continually tugs at my heart because it abides in me. And thank God for the people that He sends my way to push me and to encourage me to keep pressing on.

He loves us that much to not just sit by and let us wander too far without His intervening. He is there the minute our eyes begin to leave His. He knows our heart better than we do and He knows what we need and what will help bring us back into focus.

We all know that we WILL have trials come our way. Jesus speaks of this in John 16:33, "In this world you will have troubles", but He also leaves us a message of hope, telling us to "Take heart for I have overcome the world."

The trials that come our way, draw us to the Lord where He can help teach us lessons in life and make us stronger, but there are some who let these challenges draw them away from God and things just get more difficult for them. So what I would like to just leave with you today is....

When the challenges of life do seem to be bombarding you all at once and it's causing you to start to lose focus, CONTINUE TO ABIDE IN THE ONE WHO HAS OVERCOME, and He will help you through all of it. As a friend just reminded me recently, without challenges in our life, we would not have a testimony. Well, I'm about to have a great one.

So my friends, STAY IN THE WORD, keep peering through that Window of Hope, Listen to His Voice daily, and you will always be prepared for what is to come and come out victorious!

Remember: "Apart from me, you can do nothing". (John 15:5)

Love you all,
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment