Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Challenge: Search Me O God


Hello Friends:

Those of you that have subscribed to my devotional site should have received one of my writings titled, "Search Me Oh God". Well...I met with the Lord this morning and began sharing with him my heart of how unhappy I have been for awhile and how tired I am of things being the way they are and how my family and I desperately need some changes to take place. While "waiting at the window", God began to speak and presented me with a challenge that I would like to also present to each of you. Some of you may be in that same place, desiring change.

My devotional, "Search Me Oh God", that I shared the other day, was actually written seven years ago and the Lord brought it to remembrance and presented me with this challenge again today to begin praying DAILY, Psalm 139:23,24 "Search Me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

I remember seven years ago, when I started praying this prayer, how God started working in my life. You see...sometimes we can get into a place in our life, as I feel that I am in now, where we desperately need change to happen and we are thinking mainly that our SITUATION must change for us to be happy, BUT we may find that much of the change most likely needed has to take place INSIDE OF US.

So just let me say this: IF you join me in this challenge and start praying this prayer daily, WHEN/IF you find yourself facing some difficult situations, keep in mind this prayer you began praying, and begin asking God for understanding of why some of those things may be happening. Stay focused and you'll make it through with total amazement of the good that came out of the situation and the good change that took place IN YOU.

Will you be one to join me in this challenge?

I promise you that God will begin to change things within you and all around you.

#1- Keep your heart open to Him and listen for His voice for direction and be obedient to what He instructs you to do. Things will begin to change for you and in you.

#2- Be aware that in daily activities of your life and through happenings and your interaction with others, you'll be able to tell when God is searching your heart and showing you things inside you that need to change, lessons you need to learn and principles in His Word that you need to apply to your life.

#3- Be forewarned though that it is not an easy process to go through each day, and God will use people very close to you, as well as even strangers to bring change about, but keep in mind....

-- You'll begin to know and understand the freedom in Christ that you are to have.
-- You'll begin to understand that afflictions and brokenness are not your enemies, but your friend.
-- You'll learn that the Lord is near to those of a broken heart and that many are the afflictions of the righteous but that He delivers us out of them all. (Psalm 34:18-19)
-- You'll realize that the Lord teaches good judgment and knowledge through affliction and He'll always be working to draw us back to Him when we go astray.
-- You'll seriously begin believing His commandments and become more determined in keeping His Word. (Psalm 119:66-67)
-- You'll see that it is good for you when you've been afflicted, to learn His statutes and no one will be able to convince you that His judgments aren't right and you'll truly understand that in faithfulness only He afflicts you. (Psalm 119:71-75)

A disadvantage: we do not see the full picture BUT be encouraged and have hope because God knows the beginning from the end and He loves us so much and wants only what is best for us and He is the only one who knows what it takes for us to become what we need to be for Him. Trust Him and begin by following this one instruction from His Word:

Proverbs 4:20-27
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Guard your heart during this time. You want it purified, not infested with more junk. We CHOOSE what we receive and what not. CHOOSE wisely. Watch what you speak during this time. Stay positive and focused!

Actually, the whole chapter of Proverbs 4 would be good reading during this time!


If you want change bad enough and if you choose to join me, I would love to hear from you. Come to my site and leave a comment letting me know that you are joining me today and please keep in touch. I would love to know all the changes that begin happening in your life as a result of THIS prayer and YOUR DESIRE for change.

Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Love you all,
Connie J. Schmoll

Those viewing this from email, visit the site to listen to video, "Search Me O God"! LOVE THAT SONG!


No comments:

Post a Comment