Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Waiting At The Window


As I peered through the window that day, my heart was so overwhelmed by the change that had taken place within me. I was so excited and overjoyed! It was all so new to me and I was having a difficult time figuring out how to explain to my friends and family what had happened to me. How was I to explain to someone a change that they were unable to see since that change took place inside of me?

I stood at the window in silence for what seemed like hours. Then I asked, "Lord, how can I explain to people what happened to me?" At the window I waited for the Lord to answer.

As the Lord began to speak to my heart, my attention was drawn to the tree branches that scraped noisily across the window pane. He asked, "Do you see the branches move from the force of the blowing wind? You cannot actually see the wind blowing, but you can see the effects of the wind, which is shown by the movement of the tree branches. Connie, don't worry about what to tell others. Even though they cannot see the change inside of you, they will begin to see the effects of that change on the outside. They will see that how you live has changed. They will know that something more powerful lives inside of you. They shall know who abides in you by the fruit of My Spirit."

A few days later while reading my Bible, I read in John Chapter 3 what the Lord had told me on that day. In John 3:8 the words of Jesus states, "The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit." (New Living Translation) I was so excited! God had spoken these words to me before I had ever read it in His Word or heard it mentioned in church.

My thoughts went back to this experience years later while listening to a couple of songs titled, "Window of Hope" and "Word of God Speak". I began to envision God's Word as my Window of Hope. His Word became as an open window where I would wait with an expectancy on the Lord, placing my hope in His Word. I had the confidence that He would speak to me the words needed to get me through any situation that I may encounter that day or even days to come.

Each and every day as I wait at the window, God speaks through my window of hope what I need to get me through. This is how the vision and purpose of my book was created. I love encouraging people and I love writing. When inspired by God, I write to encourage.

May you all catch the vision of that "window of hope" and begin to allow the Word of God to speak to your hearts daily. Keep "Waiting At The Window" placing your hope in His Word.

Thank you all for your love and support.

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

Be Blessed,
Connie J. Schmoll
(Introduction to "Waiting At The Window" - Hearing God Through Your Window of Hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment