Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Rock Higher Than I

Have you ever experienced a time when you open the Bible and when you began to read, you could hear God's Voice leaping from the pages as He began speaking to you?  It's like He is right there! This has happened to me quite a few times and every time was such a close encounter with God that can never be forgotten. These times change me.

I remember a time where I became very frustrated over a matter and I allowed it to consume me instead of giving all my cares over to God.  I was in tears.  Exhausted, I plopped myself down at the table and opened my Bible.  It was then that the Lord began to speak to me. I had opened my Bible to the story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10. Coincidence? I don't think so. The Lord began speaking to me, Not Martha.  "Connie, Connie, you are troubled about many things.... But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."   I sat there and cried as He overwhelmed me with His Love.

Not long ago, I was reading in Psalms and came across a Scripture that was very powerful to me.

Psalm 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." 

WHEN MY HEART IS OVERWHELMED: LEAD ME TO THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THAN I!!!

I began to pray and study this portion of Scripture:

Earth - wilderness
Cry - call out, address by name
Rock - immovable, concealment, cleft, refuge
Heart is overwhelmed - covered over with darkness or distress (feelings, understanding)
Higher - out of reach of danger
Lead - guide, transport

This was such a perfect time finding this Scripture, because I had been in a wilderness season for a long time and had just come out.

After my study, here is what the Lord spoke to me:

"You are nearing the end of your wilderness. Call out to me! You feel overwhelmed, and your understanding has been darkened. I will guide you, transport you to that place of concealment, a refuge, a place of safety, where you will be solid and immovable. I will keep you out of reach of danger, raising you to heights that you are incapable of reaching on your own.

Bottomline is, when your heart is overwhelmed and you are troubled about many things, choose the rightful thing. Sit at the feet of Jesus. He will take you into that place of rest with Him!

Lead Me To The Rock by Compassionart

No comments:

Post a Comment