Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Secret Place


We all have moments where we feel a great need to share something with someone because it seems to help when we are able to vent our feelings to “get it off our chest”. But then later, we regret doing so. Such hurt and disappointment comes from friends because of a broken trust. Such betrayal! I longed so much for a place of secrecy to go and share all my deep secrets, my thoughts and dreams, my hurts and frustrations. I just needed someone who would understand! This was when God taught me about the importance of prayer and how THE SECRET PLACE is needed in my life.

THE SECRET PLACE


"He that dwelleth in the Secret Place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1


I remember when the Lord first started working in my life, drawing me to that life I was to have in Him. A friend began writing to me and telling me how the Lord had changed her life. I had not seen this friend for a long time but in her letters she wrote things that ministered to me, like she knew what had been happening in my life. I was so puzzled at how this could be. A neighbor friend began explaining to me about prayer and how we could talk to God and He could talk to us. This was so amazing to me and things began to make more sense concerning these letters that my friend had written to me. God kept speaking my name to her each time she got down to pray and she knew that she was to contact me. The anointed letters were just the beginning of God’s way in reaching me.

When my walk with the Lord began after I gave my life to Him, I was so hungry to learn more about this new relationship that was developing between us.  I was so touched to learn that God, who was so much bigger than I could imagine, actually cared about me even before I knew anything about Him. And as I walk with Him, He teaches me many lessons by the things I go through in my life.

Many of us today struggle in the dark times of our lives, when trials come our way. We don’t realize that these times can be the most profitable for us as pertaining to our walk with God. During these times we are drawn to that SECRET PLACE with Him. We enter into His Presence where we find safety, assurance, intimacy and privacy. This personal devotional time spent with the Lord is very important.

It took many times of disappointment, hurts and betrayals in my life before I learned that there was only one place I could go and share my deep secrets, my thoughts, my dreams, my hurts and frustrations in confidence and actually get them all taken care of. “Getting things off our chest” is what God’s Word refers to as “casting our cares upon Him”.

We think we need a “person” to talk to at times which is okay because God does use people to give us encouragement in different ways. But we need to understand that it is God that knows us intimately and knows exactly what we need for our present situation. Be sure that when you do go to a friend, you are being directed by God to do so. Go before God together asking Him for comfort, direction, encouragement or whatever the need may be.

During the times when we really feel a need to share, and need answers to a situation, remember that in that SECRET PLACE in God we will receive treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, because He knows us intimately. (Isaiah 45:3) Jesus tells us that when we pray, to enter into our closet, shut the door, pray to the Father in secret, and we shall be rewarded openly. (Matthew 6:6) That SECRET PLACE is where a closer relationship is being developed with the Lord. We are able to share our heart safely with the One who completely understands and who gives us the assurance that nothing will ever be repeated.

Go to God about everything because no matter what we go through in life, Jesus Will Still Be There! Enter into that SECRET PLACE.


PRAY THE WORD:


Father, thank you for that secret place where I can go and share my heart safely and in secrecy. Your Word tells me that anxiety or worry in a person’s heart weighs it down but an encouraging word makes it glad. I no longer worry about anything because I have you to bring everything to by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving. For then I know that Your peace that surpasses all understanding will guard my heart and mind through Christ Jesus. I will think on things that are true and noble, just and pure, lovely and of good report. I humble myself under Your mighty hand today that I may be lifted up by You in due time, as I cast all my worries on you because I know you care for me.  And I know that no matter what I go through, You will always be there!  In Jesus Name, Amen.


SCRIPTURES:

Read and Memorize Proverbs 12:25; Philippians 4:6-8; I Peter 5:6-7

If you are viewing this through email, be sure to visit http://waitingatthewindow.blogspot.com to listen to the Video, "Jesus Will Still Be There".  Beautiful Song! Beautiful Video!


No comments:

Post a Comment